Serving Danbury, Brookfield, Bethel & Beyond
Whether you are a family looking to have fun or need to unwind after a long week, it’s time to unwind and take a dip in the pool! At Aquatic Technologies, Inc., we know it’s tempting to want to jump straight into the water, but you need to know how to properly open a pool in order to use it correctly. That’s where we come in. We take the hassle out of opening your pool. We’ll walk through the step-by-step process that our staff uses when opening your pool:
- Transitioning into Open Season
- Keeping the Pool Fresh and Clean
When you call the Aquatic Technologies Inc. crew to open your pool, they make sure to go through the entire process as thoroughly as possible.
- Remove the pool cover. It needs to be cleaned and drained.
- Raise the water up back to normal levels, which were emptied when the pool was previously closed.
- Reconnect all of the pool equipment, such as the pool filter.
Transitioning into Open Season
Now that the pool has been properly prepared, we can begin the actual process of getting your Brookfield pool ready for you to swim in! (Note: If you had not winterized your pool for the cold weather, skip to the third bullet).
- Remove any winterizing plugs from all pool equipment you have such as skimmers, heater and pool cleaners.
- Reconnect normal drain plugs to your equipment
- Turn your system back on.
- Add MetalFree to remove any stains that may have accumulated since closing.
Keeping the Pool Fresh and Clean
Lastly, the job doesn’t end when the pool is open. The hard part is over, but now you have to maintain your pool. The good news is that we can help with that.
- Maintain the proper chemical balances with alkalinity, chlorine, soda ash for acidity, and shock to remove bacteria.
- Clean the pool regularly with a brush, pool vacuum and other tools to remove stray bugs and dirt.
- Filter the pool so the remaining grime can be removed overnight.